“According to a Local” is a series of straight-to-the-point guides for different cities around the world. For each guide, we ask a local for all the best things to do, see, eat, and more! This time, we asked a random Couchsurfing member questions about the city they call home, Madrid! Paula has graciously provided us with some great advice to make your trip to Madrid perfect.
(Hint: Check out 10 Foods You Have to Try in Spain 10 Foods You Have to Try in Spain to get yo’ grub on!)
1. Favorite Bar (for alcohol):
- The best pub ever is La Via Láctea, in the neighborhood of Barrio de Malasaña There you can find lot of pubs and cool people!
2. Favorite Restaurant:
3. Favorite coffee shop:
- Ojalá in Barrio de Malasaña, the bar is like a beach, there are sand and you sit on the floor.
4. Favorite thing to do outside:
- Walk and get lost in the center.
5. Best spot for a view:
- To see the city in the morning Azotea de Bellas Artes and to see the sunset in Templo de Debod, both have awsome views.
6. Best local dish and where can we get it:
- You need to try the Cocido Madrileño (a chick-pea based stew). One of my favorites places to get it is La Bola. You can try a lot of good “tapas” while drinking a beer in any bar!
7. What you wish tourists knew coming to your home:
- Madrid is an amazing city. The people are open-minded, friendly and cool. Madrid has many secrets to discover!
8. Best local sweet to satisfy a sweet tooth and where to get it:
- Chocolate con Churros is always a good idea! The most famous place to get this is Chocolateria de San Ginés.
9. Fun activity for tourists to try:
- Rent a boat on the lake in Parque del Retiro and go for a walk, not so far there are the Museum Reina Sofía. Also be sure to visit these museums: Sorolla, El Prado or Thyssen!
10. The best time of year to visit:
- In my opinion the best time in Madrid is May because the weather is perfect for cañas (beer) and tapas!
11. Local recipes to try cooking at home:
The Complete Madrid Guide: According to a Local #madrid #spain #europe #travel #wanderlust… Click To Tweet