“According To a Local” is a series of guides for different cities around the world. This time, we asked a random Couchsurfing member questions about the city she calls home, London! Michaela has graciously provided us with some great advice to make your trip to London, England perfect. We aim to keep it simple so you can get all the info without taking all your time. Here is an INTERACTIVE MAP of all her suggestions.
1. Favorite Bar:
- Ain’t Nothin’ But – Blues Bar – best atmosphere and awesome music!
You can check their performance schedule here!
2. Favorite Restaurant:
- Katzenjammers – it is a German restaurant/pub in London Bridge. The vibe is always happy and it is a very sociable, friendly place to meet new people.
You can check out their food and beer menu here!
3. Favorite coffee shop:
- Monmouth Coffee in London Bridge.
4. Favorite thing to do outside:
- Walk for miles around London. Don’t take the tube! You can see so much by walking everywhere and everything is closer together than you think.
5. Best spot for a view:
- There is a hill outside the Royal Observatory in Greenwich with a beautiful view that extends for ages
6. Some of your favourite local drinks/food:
- For drink, London Pride ale or Doom Bar ale! For food, pie!
7. Where to get these local drinks/food:
- The best place I was served London Pride was a pub near Tower Bridge called “The Hung Drawn and Quartered“. The best place I was served Doom Bar was a pub near Bond Street called “The Duke”. Also try “Pieminister” near Southbank which has awesome pies!
8. What you wish tourists knew coming to your home:
- How to use a pedestrian crossing.
9. Best local sweet and where to get it:
- Kingdom of Sweets on Tottenham Court road has quite a selection.
Get a look at all their sweets here!
10. Fun local activity for tourists to try:
- Vintage Arcade games restaurant in Peckham called The Four Quarters. Also boating through the river in Hyde Park!
Check out all the fun on their Facebook page!
11.Best time of year to visit:
- Winter in my opinion! November or December for the fireworks and Christmas decorations. The vibe in the city changes and it’s beautiful.
Liked this London guide? Hover to Pin it!
The Complete London Guide: According to a Local #london #uk #england #eurotrip #travel… Click To Tweet