“According to a Local” is a series of guides for different cities around the world. For each guide, we ask a local for all the best things to do, see, eat, and more! This time, we asked a random Couchsurfing member questions about the city she calls home, Boston! Chelsea has graciously provided us with some great advice to make your trip to Boston perfect. We aim to keep it simple so you can get all the info without taking all your time. Here is an INTERACTIVE MAP of all her suggestions.
1. Favorite Bar:
The Landing (outdoor bar on the harbor)
2. Favorite Restaurant:
Pomodoro (North End Italian)
3. Favorite coffee shop:
Espresso Love (financial district)
4. Favorite thing to do outside:
Walk through the Boston Common and Public Garden
5. Best spot for a view:
Top of the Bunker Hill monument and the Prudential Center in the observatory.
6. Some of your favorite local drinks/food:
Clam chowder and lobster rolls are what people come here to eat.
7. Where to get these local drinks/food:
Chelsea didn’t have an answer for this one, but the Union Oyster House has the best reviews in town for Clam Chowder while Neptune Oyster ranked number one for Lobster Rolls.
8. What you wish tourists knew coming to your home:
The city is really walkable; you should never get in a cab!
9. Does your home have any good sweets (ice cream, chocolate, candy, etc.)? If so, where is a good place to get these sweets?
Flour Bakery (many locations all over the city and in Cambridge) has the best baked goods. And JP Licks, also several locations, is the best spot for ice cream.
10. Fun local activity for tourists to try (disc golf, surfing, hiking, cliff diving, etc.)?
Duck Boat Tour or walk the Freedom Trail
Note: Answers may have been edited for length and/or clarity.