“According To a Local” is a series of guides for different cities around the world. This time, we asked a random Couchsurfing member questions about the city she calls home, Bangkok! Pama Vg has graciously provided us with some great advice to make your trip to Bangkok, Thailand perfect. We aim to keep it simple so you can get all the info without taking all your time. Here is an INTERACTIVE MAP of all her suggestions.
1. Favorite Bar:
- Tep bar (hidden bar with a chillax atmosphere)
- Smalls (small and vintage rooftop)
- Above Eleven (classic rooftop of Bangkok, view is amazing)
2. Favorite Restaurant:
Cheap to chic with reasonnable prices, always:
- Any street food at anytime of the day! Try everything and don’t forget to ask “No chili”!
- Uncle John (the owner/cook is actually a grand chief and offers delicious traditional Thai dishes and French cuisine)
- Karmakamet Diner (one of the best western experience I’ve had with tasty food, great service and nice atmosphere)
3. Best coffee shop:
While Pama Vg didn’t have an answer for this one, Roots Coffee Roaster seems to be a unanimously adored spot for a cup o’ joe!
4. Favorite thing to do outside:
Traveling around, volunteering, eating, socializing, and partying!
5. Best spot for a view:
6. Some of your favorite local drinks/food:
- Tom yam gung – Sour & Spicy Lemongrass Shrimp Soup
- Pad thai – Fried noodles
- Moo Krop – Crispy pork
- Gai yang – Grilled chicken
7. Where to get these local drinks/food:
Anywhere on the street!
8. What you wish tourists knew coming to your home:
Respect this country as if it was your own house and garden. Be nice to people, patience is key and confrontation situations lead nowhere. Be cool, relax and enjoy, there’s always a solution no need to plan every single detail in advance.
9. Best local sweet and where to get it:
Mango sticky rice, and coconut juice or ice cream. Check out the street stalls!
10. Fun local activity for tourists to try:
- Skydiving in Pattaya
- Kitecable in Pranburi
- Biycling in Pakret Bangkok
- Diving in Similan
- Snorkeling in Koh Tao
Want to save it for later? Pin it for later!
The Complete Bangkok Guide: According to a Local #travel #bangkok #seasia Click To Tweet