“According to a Local” is a series of guides for different cities around the world. This time, we asked a random Couchsurfing member questions about the city she calls home, Budapest! Boglarka has graciously provided us with some great advice to make your trip to Budapest, Hungary perfect. We aim to keep it simple so you can get all the info without taking all your time. Here is an INTERACTIVE MAP of her suggestions.
1. Favorite Bar:
Magyar Sörözö; it’s a casual place.
2. Favorite Restaurant:
3. Favorite coffee shop:
4. Favorite thing to do outside:
Walking arround the city, especially Buda.
5. Best spot for a view:
Buda hill or Citadella are the best places for a good view in Budapest.
6. Some of your favorite local drinks/food:
All kinds of pálinka, Lángos, Kürtőskalács, Pogácsa, Gulyás.
7. Where to get these local drinks/food:
Ráday street restaurants and street food vans.
8. What you wish tourists knew coming to your home:
Budapest consists of two different parts, and Pest and Buda are completely different.
9. Best local sweet and where to get it:
I suggest trying Daubner Confectionery; they have wonderful pogácsa and all kinds of different sweets and cakes.
10. Fun local activity for tourists to try:
Do a boat tour on the danube from Budapest to Szentendre.
11. Best time of year to visit:
Spring or Autumn is the best!
12. Do you have any names of local recipes you would recommend cooking up?
I’d recommend Csöröge, a kind of sweet made from doughnut like dough. It is made especially during Farsang, which is Carnival.
Liked this Budapest guide? Hover to Pin it!
Lángos, Kürtőskalács, Pogácsa are some of the best local treats #Budapest has to offer! #hungary… Click To Tweet